Friday, July 21, 2006

Random Thoughts

Current mood: tired
Category: Life

Did you know that Wal-Mart sells thongs for men? Not that completely astounded by this, it's just that the garden variety male Wal-Mart shopper is neither interested or in proper physical condition to be making this sort of purchase.

Is it strange that I'm on a HUGE, let me reiterate, HUGE early to mid 90's music kick?? Most noteable bands include (in no particular order) Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Pavement, Smashing Pumpkins, and yes, even Nirvana. Right now I am convinced that "Down On the Upside" is right up there with "Dark Side of the Moon" and "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band." Yeah, I think I answered my own question.

I miss my girlfriend even more now that she is in Colorado. This is a little nonsensical given the fact that on a normal day she is roughly 350 miles away from me anyway. Just thought I would share.

Is it just me? I was watching ABC Family re-runs and the Olsen (or Olson, I don't know) twins looked like little twin apes when they were little tots. Now they look like minature anorexic Micheal Jacksons.

Right now I am really digging the director's commentary tracks on almost all of my movies. Tonight I watched the "Music Composition" commentary on my "Seven" special edition double DVD. Oh, I also went out to eat with my Mom. Also, I'd like you to note the day of the week.

I just remembered that it's past 11pm and my updates will cease to exist on my cell phone from ESPN. I stop them on purpose as I'm usually in bed by this time during the week. However, my Red Sawx are playing the Mariners in Seattle. Looks like I'll have to use (gasp!) the internet. Remember when the internet on a computer used to be the end all be all??

I feel like I should be better about making an effort to not only hang out with my friends, but just contact them more in general. Maybe that's why a lot of my friends think I'm an asshole sometimes. I think I'm just getting boring.

I'm so ready to move. Beneficial in KC now has 4 possitions open in areas of town that I would love to be around. Especially Lee's Summit as that's where I see me spending a good portion of my next, oh I don't know, rest of my life. At least at this point, who knows where we'll end up.

I ate like total shit today. Egg bake in the morning, for those not in the know it's something like this...Take eggs (obvious) cheese, hash browns, sausage or bacon, and any assorted omelet ingredients and put in a cake pan (I think that's what it was) and bake it. It's actually better than it sounds. Papa John's pizza, and Chinese for dinner. Blah, I feel like the back of my toilet looks after a week of not cleaning it. Too graphic? Sorry...not really.

I'm also really getting into my library of comedy CD's. God I forgot how much sense Denis Leary makes. He makes even more sense today now that the country is even more P.C. and even more politically polarized. I wish when he is on a break from "Rescue Me" that he'd do some stand up special, maybe HBO. Maybe Comedy Central, but not in prime time. You know, the time slot where they play SouthPark: Bigger Longer Uncut every other Saturday night. Just a note, I hate every comic on the Blue Collar Comedy tour except Ron White, the least famous of the four. That dude is hill-air-ee-us. Larry the Cable Guy is quite possibly the worst thing to happen to stand up in like, well, forever.

I've got the first free weekend I've had in a long time. Which is good/bad at the same time. It's means that I don't have to work a minute, but it also means I won't be seeing Stephanie at all. Next weekend though! I'm planning on seeing Clerks II, doing a little golfing tomorrow afternoon, and maybe bothering one or two of my friends for some cocktails. Sunday will be fun, Wild Wings, Beer, and the first Storm playoff game. I say first because they're going all the way, again...

And with that, I'm going to get away from MySpace to make me feel better about being home on a Friday night with nothing to do in the morning.

Connichiwa bitches!

P.S. Why is it that like everytime I put up an entry, the Playing(Music) field NEVER fucking works?? I'm listening to Pearl Jam's "Vs." by the way.

(This later would be edited on Saturday, July 22 in the year two thousand and six.)

Currently listening :
Vs.
By Pearl Jam
Release date: By 19 October, 1993

10:55 PM - 1 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

MontERNa

Quite possibly the BEST blog I've read in ages. LOVE IT!

Posted by MontERNa on Saturday, July 22, 2006 at 3:08 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: