Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Countdown


In the early 1980's and before, if you had leftovers or a to go box from a local eatery you would heat them up in the oven or on the stove top. Then, everyone purchased and now owns a microwave for the most part. No one thinks twice about eating fried spaghetti any more. This is a shame.

Inside your house you could put your life on hold and not worry about what was going on in the world for a few minutes. Putting your feet up and unplugging from the world outside became a thing of the past with television in the 1950's and the internet in the 1990's. So what else could you do to get away?

You could leave the house and get out in the world, but then everyone started carrying cell phones so you were never too far away from someone reaching you no matter where you were. Now we share our pictures, thoughts and social status on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace (seriously, who still uses MySpace?) and whatever else you can think of.

I feel like I'm done. I've toyed around with the idea of leaving Facebook behind like I did my other social networking page several years ago. But how absurd is this? Writing about how I'm thinking about not having an online page about myself anymore? What the hell is going on?

If I added up all the time I spend on the stupid computer and Facebook, I'm sure at the end of the day/week/month/year I could be accomplishing something. Even if it is something small. I think I'm over it.

Here is a video portraying how I'd like to run away...

1 comment: