Friday, September 8, 2006

So Here We Go

Current mood: accomplished
Category: Jobs, Work, Careers

All the blogging and waiting and driving and phone minutes are coming to a close. As of today, I have accepted a job down in Kansas City and I start on October 2nd. So I'll be moving at the end of the month.

Just to give anyone an idea of what my girlfriend and I have been doing over the past year (and almost) a half, here are some statistics.

Total trips - 30
Total miles - 22,500
Total hours spent in a car - 165
Finally getting to move to Kansas City - Priceless

Haha, of course you knew that had to be coming, right? So anyway I'll be starting the first Monday in October with a very respectable company with pretty respectable pay downtown in the financial district of KC.

All I can say is that I'm so ready to do this I wish the last weekend of September were this weekend. I know the next few weeks will be a little hectic, making the social rounds with everyone before I go and getting all my stuff together. But it's all worth it, all the sacrifices the both of us have had to make we finally get to start on the "payoff." The only trips back to SF will hopefully be with her, but if not I always get to back home to her.

It still hasn't all hit me yet, I'm sure I'll start freaking out a little bit pretty soon, but we'll see on that. So anyone who reads that make sure to leave a little note or give me a buzz before I take off the last weekend of this month!

Currently playing :
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Release date: By 09 March, 2006

1:50 AM - 3 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Molly

Congrats!!

Posted by Molly on Friday, September 08, 2006 at 3:49 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Derek

only a couple of weeks left..... let the partying begin!!!

Posted by Derek on Friday, September 08, 2006 at 7:17 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Big JC

Ask Pope about my going away tour...5 days before I left, alot of drunken debatchery, with Pope as the MC, I am sure you remember what that's like.

Posted by Big JC on Saturday, September 09, 2006 at 2:21 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: