Thursday, December 22, 2005

Sports Guy

Current mood: geeky
Category: Sports

Ok, so most of the people that read my blog probably won't really be interested in this update, well, because it's all sports related. So readers be warned, this is for my own personal benediction...

Currently I'm on the receiving end of endless scorn around the office because the face of the franchise (the Bean Town Sox) jumped ship down the coast to the dreaded yankees. FYI, you'll never see that word capitalized on this blog. Ever. Anyway, any sort of discussion regarding sports always gets converted over to talking about Nebraska football. Let me tell you, nothing gets me going like a good arguement about college football. Of course since my team has had a bad couple of years every hater out there smells blood and always goes in for the attack on my team. I went to a poker tournament and some guy I didn't even know who claimed to be a Missouri fan (although I can't imagine anyone outside of that state wanting to be associated with that team, anyway) was giving me schit about Nebraska losing to Missouri for the second time in about, oh gee I don't know, 30 frickin' years or so. I guess when some team makes you it's beotch for the better part of three decades it's hard to let it go.

Back to my plight at work. I have a fairweather fan, claimed to be a yankees fan, was truely a White Sox fan (I had to find this out from his brother last ('04) summer). And a rabid Iowa Hawkeyes fan. The both of them like clubbing me every day at work because my teams are all sort of currently looking like crap or headed in that direction. In no particular order...

1. Nebraska Corhuskers
2. San Fransisco 49ers
3. Duke Blue Devils
4. Boston Red Sox

With the exception of Duke (because they are ALWAYS good) and Nebraska flirting with being on the upswing, I have no end in sight when it comes to the storm of comments when it comes to my sports teams. I admit, I was spoiled for quite some time with most of my teams experiencing good fortune. I have the distinction of saying that I've witnessed all of my teams winning out in their respective sports, in some cases multiple times. So I suppose I'll take it on the chin, since Mr. Hawkeye's fan has never seen a National Championship, and Andre has to live with the shame of being a fairweather fan. Ladies if you're still holding on to this entry this far down the line, first, contratulations, secondly, there is no bigger shame around the office than being labeled a fairweather fan if you're a sports guy, like myself and 80he guys in my area at work. Andre is the messiah of fairweather fans for the record.

Anywho, just a "short" rant about what I've been dealing with the past couple days. Not to mention a lady from the Garden State who is an actual yankees fan printing me off funny jokes from the internet placed on my desk at 8:02 in the morning. Haha! I love the smell of bad jokes in the morning!

Goodnight!!

Currently listening :
Capture/Release
By The Rakes
Release date: 27 September, 2005

No comments: