Monday, January 9, 2006

Out with the old, in with the now

Current mood: sick
Category: Life

The holiday season is something that I never really stressed too much on. This year was a whole lot different, but you could say that I had a little more going on this year than I have in quite some time...

First, Christmas was the usual trend of eating, sleeping, drinking, and watching football. I would have to say that this was one of the most uneventful Christmas's (is that right??) on written record. I won't say that it wasn't good, I'll just say that it wasn't great. I'll have to say that it would have been more enjoyable had I been able to spend it with Stephanie (my girlfriend, for those of you that don't know). However, this seems like it will be the last Christmas I'll have to worry about that, as I'm planning on spending many more to come with her. Second, I did get what I wanted to Christmas this year, which is a new iPod. Yes, I finally broke down and got something "trendy." Usually I'm not one for whatever the big thing of the moment is, but I figured my 6 gigabyte Creative Nomad Jukebox was about at the end of it's rope. I'd have to say that I'm quite pleased with basically the only thing I got from my family this year, which is fine because it isn't the cheapest piece of equipment in the world. Anyway, my second round of Christmas gifts from Steph were a cool button up shirt, some new fat guy pants (which I live in when I'm not at work or on the town), and a Mensa Society daily calender with some of the hardest puzzles you'll ever see. She either thinks I'm smarter than I really am, or she wants me to get smarter. Whatever the case, I've figured more out than I've had to check the answers on the back of each day. Maybe there is a glimmer of hope for me yet, har har.

What can I say about New Year's? I can say that we did have an awesome time. Dinner was great, the room we stayed in at the Westin was excellent and the times we had that weekend are something that I'll look back on as one of the best times I've ever had in my life. Even though the night did come with a hefty price tag, it was all worth it. Beings that we have a great amount of distance between us we usually don't have the time to just go "all out." However, this time I figured we'd take advantage. I don't like to give out too many details, because it was our night and I like to keep things that way, but it was very very good. I won't gush too much, hehe. The rest of the weekend we didn't do much because of the lack of sleep from New Year's, but we did manage to squeeze in dinner with her parents which is always nice, and the saga of purchasing hair straighteners. Trust me fella's, if you have the patience you are lucky, somehow I've been graced with the ability to shop, and not for me. Oh, and she cooks a mean lasagna for the record

Since I've been back I've been sick. Like really sick. I didn't work much last week and so far I haven't worked this much either, which means if I want to have a good month I have to work this weekend. I'm not looking forward to it, but I found out today that a trip to Cancun depends on it. Since our department is very small, it's a limited number of people that get to go, so I'll have to work fairly hard to have a shot. Time to plan some financial futures! Hurray! Speaking of which I have a 3pm meeting regarding the restructuring of our commision scale, hopefully it's good. They seem to be pumping it up that way.

Back to the subject of my personal life, I'll be going back down to KC on the 20th. It will be a shorter weekend than the last, but we'll have less to do which should make the time pass by at a normal rate, as opposed to the last time I was there. The last weekend went by way to fast, but everytime I'm there it seems to be that way. No worries though, even though things do get tough I'm going under the phrase of this being "Our Year." Capitalized because I'm giving it an offical title, haha.

Anyway, enough of my rambling, I'm going to take my leave and be sick somewhere else, and not in front of my computer.

Currently listening :
Face the Truth
By Stephen Malkmus
Release date: 24 May, 2005

No comments: