Sunday, January 15, 2006

Good early Sunday morning

Current mood: awake
Category: Life

Not much to say today, it's just that it's 9am on a Sunday morning and I seem to be the only person my age up this early. I've been having issues being able to sleep in for a long time. No matter how late I'm up or for how long I stay up on a Saturday night I'm up like at 7:30 (or earlier) every Sunday morning. Oh well, youth is what you make of it, and even though I can't seem to sleep in later than most agricultural reports on the radio and TV, I still feel like I'm 14 most days. Call it my inability to hold onto one piece of my fading youth, which was sleeping past noon.

I'm finally done being sick, it's been about a week and a half but for awhile I couldn't remember what it was like to wake up and not have a sore throat and a pounding headache. Call it my need to complain about a cold.

Last night I did happen to win $70 playing poker. It's always nice to make $10 turn into $70. If you get the chance, however you can find a way to do it, I suggest you try. It's not like I need the money or something, it's just nice to win and not be a "donor" like some cats we play with get labeled. To be honest, I haven't really played that much the past year, at least not as much as I used to. Call it my need to protest things that are "cool" at the moment.

Work was quite good this week. I found out that when they did decide to restructure our commission plan, it was a good outcome! Also, since hurricane Wilma, most Cancun resorts are unable to honor reservations until June 1st of this year, and beings that our trip was for March we'll have to find a new spot. So, Virgin Islands, here I come (hopefully). Call it my need to still be competitive and win everything that is put down in front of me.

Also, this weekend is my monthly (sometimes bi-monthly) trip to Kansas City. As I'm sure I stated in my previous entry(ies) that I'm happy to say things are going very well with Stephanie and I. My better half doesn't like to jinx things, and to some degree I don't think I do either, but I can't help not saying something about the status of our relationship. Usually by this point the newness has worn off and things slip into normalcy. To which I won't lie, as we get more comfortable with each other, this will happen to a point. However, I've still never remained this excited or positive about things. This weekend is planned to be sort of a relaxing one, which is good. Call it my desire to get everything out of every minute when I'm with her.

Currently listening :
In the Wee Small Hours
By Frank Sinatra
Release date: 26 May, 1998

No comments: