Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Bands That Are Ruining America - Part I

Current mood: blah
Category: Music



If you don't know who this band is, then you are much cooler than me, because you don't pay attention to MySpace Music or popular music in general. I cannot and do not ignore what is going on in the mainstream because I'm hoping for the day that something cool breaks through. I don't know why I do it, I like some music that's considered pop, I really don't think I'm a musical snob like some people I know. However, I digress.

Fall Out Boy has to be one of the worst bands on the planet. And I'm even counting crappy 80's cover bands that play Poison tunes and Minnesota Polka groups. Hey, one of my childhood friends grandfather is a goddamn polka legend. I'm serious. Can any band you've ever seen in your life try to look so hard yet fall so short? I don't know when it happened exactly, but the Vans Warped Tour somehow took over what the Disney Channel used to produce. Maybe it was the year I wasn't looking when Dashboad Confessional got popular. Anyway.

Everyone is familiar I'm sure with their most recognizable hit "Dance, Dance" which to this day haunts me when I play "NFL Madden 2007" on my Xbox 360. Everytime I get a first down the first 3 lines of the chorus play on the virtual stadium loudspeakers.

The so called "most popular band on MySpace" is ruining America. You can see signs of it everywhere. Unemployment is up, the war in Iraq is still costing thousands of lives, and somewhere a child is being left behind. I can pin all of these things squarely on Fall Out Boy because of their huge ability to suck. What I like even more is the "alternative" radio station in Kansas City plays them all the damn time. And my fiance' wonders why I question that stations lack of integrity.

I have no in depth reasoning as to why Fall Out Boy sucks. It's not going to be a detailed blog because I don't know that much about them in the first place. Other than the fact that they suck.

Currently listening :
You're Living All Over Me
By Dinosaur Jr.
Release date: 22 March, 2005

No comments: