Friday, October 14, 2005

Blood on the Inside

So here is a little ditty about me. Today was a day that went completly downhill from the moment it started. Here we go...

First, I woke up 10 minutes before my alarm went off. If I know the day is going to go bad, that's usually the first sign. It's usually a sign of me being anxious about something. This week, it could be any number of things. I honestly don't remember doing a single thing before I got to my desk and turned the computer on, I could have showered, maybe I didn't, who knows. Did I remember my lunch? Who knows that either. My manager is pretty entertaining, he sounds like that guy from VH1's Best Week Ever the has the gap in his teeth and going bald. He's the one that's way too excited about everything. He's going to the Phillipines next Thursday and that's all he can talk about. It's a great opportunity, they almost sent me to India last October and I was all for it, it's just that they scrapped the idea two weeks before I was supposed to leave, so I had a passport and visa for nothing. I've since lost my passport, funny huh?

Anyway, today was not a good day for Zach/peer relations. Everything that everyone said to me today drove me absolutely bananas. Usually I'm not like that and am pretty easy to get along and deal with. However, today you didn't want to know me. I was pretty short with all my customers that I dealt with today. The ones I'd talked to before I'm sure were wondering what was up with my today, but oh well.

There is this girl that sits behind me, she's very nice and I really enjoy talking to her during the day. Today, it was a bit of a different story. I guess when you are irritated she has one of those personalities that really enhance your mood. I think she picked up on this late in the day, drew me a little picture of a happy face on a sticky note and put it on my day planner and left me alone until the end of the day. Smart girl.

The one that sits across from me constantly bugged me today about how hard it is to have to leave my girlfriend everytime I see her. Thanks, like it's not hard enough to begin with the week of leaving KC, but she just would not shut up about it. Like I don't miss her enough as it is, I have to have co-workers rub salt in the wound. It makes it a little harder to slip back into the normal daily routine when all I want to do is walk out, gas up, and spend a few more days with her, but anyway, that's another entry in itself.

The end of the day was just more grating that the first half. I have no idea why, it's just when I get in a mood, everyone is annoying. I really hate being in that frame of mind, not exactly what I enjoy. I think I did a decent job of putting up a defensive persona today though.

I'll tell you what, I haven't gone a Saturday without doing something in awhile. I can bet you that come 3:31 I won't be doing a darn thing until I go back in Monday afternoon until noon til 4 or so...I'm such a slacker.

No comments: