Wednesday, October 26, 2005

My problem with the world you live in

I love the people I work with. I also love the fact that most people from my "red state" are just that. Now, I hate the catigorization of my state and everyone in it supporting the current regime and all it's cronies, let's just get that one out on the table. I love having to defend myself, however. Nothing excites me more when I'm in the middle of a discussion of something that I know more than that of a pedestrian level. I love it even more when I'm facing down the barrel of a gun of 6 of my closest collegues and I'm standing alone. Nothing gets me going in a political discussion more than having my back up against the wall and shooting down all of my would be detractors. Sometimes, the rush of it is so great, I feel like I should make a career out of it.

Today I learned that people did not pay attention in government or civics class in college or high school. It has also occured to me that people like to not read and just get everything they know about the world from the esteemed Fox News Channel. Today was the day that we were going to Clinton bash and blame him for terrorism and for the September 11th attacks. Now, with more that four years behind us, you'd think that some of the feelings may have died down from said event. Not so, and rightfully not so in my opinion. I will say this, that people that vote that are my age are dangerous people. People that voted for President Bush are people that, for the most part, have not been paying attention. Now, I've been quoted as saying that I voted for Bush this year, and I know I have. Basically it has been to avoid funny looks and major discussions where I didn't want them. However, now I'm not so inclined to go that route.

This debate today was a 2 hour free for all this afternoon with everyone blaming Bill Clinton for the job that was carried out on 9/11. If anyone had the slightest clue as to what had happened, I guarante that no one would be on the opposite side of the fence as me. Honestly. It would take to long to transcribe everything from that lengthy discussion, way too long. I will just say this, that every time they accused Clinton or his administration for something based on nothing (or what they heard from some conservative hack on Fox) I backed up with fact and source by who said it, and when it was said. If you look at the money that was spent of terrorism funding and counterterrorism funding during the years of 1993 to 2000 you would change your tune. The long and short of it is, is that Bush and his people were handed the keys to a brand new Ferrari and didn't even open the doors to smell the leather. The Homeland Security Councel? Thought up by to CLINTON appointee's, not anyone on Bush's list. I didn't even get into the two previous presidents' track record. More American and American soldiers on Regan's watch than Bush Sr. and Clinton combinded. God bless the Great Communicator.

I would love to go on for days and days about facts and why I'm right (because I am), but it's just not worth it. My point is this...All I know is that political discussions are completely wasted on most people that I am surrounded by. It's very sad, that people are able to vote knowing so little. Someday someone will ask where it all went wrong. Fear is a very powerful thing, and you are all getting a big dose of it when you turn on the TV. The way everyone talks, it's the end of the world right now. The world is what you go out and make of it, not what Bill O'Reily and Sean Hannity tell you.

Yes, the album below is a bit juvinille, but I never really grew out of my taste for heavy music sometimes. And I think the title is appropriate for the content of this post.

P.S. I love the fact that neo conservatives like Ann Coulter are now retracting how they feel about Bush because he's a big idiot. If you can't agree with that, you have been living in Outer Mongolia since 5 minutes before August. I.E. hiring unqualified people into the Supreme Court, and bumbling through Katrina and Rita rescue operations.

By the way, if you don't know who Ann Coulter is, aka Satan in a blond wig, I'll pimp her website a bit www.anncoulter.com

No comments: