Sunday, March 29, 2009

Great, wonderful, tremendous, fantastic...


Door to door salesmen are guys (or girls) that I love messing around with. I don't avoid answering the door, and I don't pretend that I'm not home. I enjoy talking to them and hearing their rundown of Brand X product. I usually don't buy anything.

Sometime in the fall, a couple guys were strolling our cul-de-sac selling AT&T U-verse. My wife and I despised our Comcast service, equipment, etc. So we were willing to give it all up for U-verse, that came highly recommended from a few of our friends. There was something I forgot to check into.

I'm an idiot. I mean, it was October after all. Baseball is a pretty big deal at that time, especially with the Sox in the playoffs. My mind must have been elsewhere. Looking for a new job, school, Nebraska football. Who knows.

It was supposed to be so awesome. HD DVR in our front room and every other room with the ability to watch recorded shows on the other two boxes we had in the office/man cave and our bedroom. More HD channels, and we'd be able to record more and watch TV at the same time. But despite the apparent awesomeness...

Come to find out that U-verse is about the only cable provider that doesn't carry the MLB Extra Innings package I get every single year. What the hell am I supposed to do when I come home at 12:30am from work? I want to watch the Padres and the Marlins, or the Mariners versus the Rangers.

I can always get MLB TV, which would be handy because I am on the go so much with my laptop, I know I'd be able to watch it quite a bit. But there is something awesome about opening up our big windows in our living room, pulling up some couch, and watching a game or two on a Sunday afternoon or a cool late spring night.

I'm going to miss that this season. AT&T better get their shit together.

No comments: