Wednesday, January 3, 2007

At Work

Current mood: bored
Category: Life

Not doing much today, filling the hours with work and trying to keep busy. One lady who had been in our department for 20+ years just left before Christmas and I'm filling in for her for the rest of the month until we can hire someone else and get them intergrated into our area. Basically my plans to go back to SF have been cut. Then I sort of thought about something. If I would have gone back to Sioux Falls this month that would have been the 4th time in 4 months of living down in KC. I would love to go back more often, who wouldn't. Most of my friends and family are back there, but I don't want to trade driving to KC every month just so I can turn around and do the same thing with going "home."

With going to school, you knew you were just there temporarily and you always knew you were going home. But moving down here was more about starting a new life with the person that will eventually be my wife and who I plan on spending the rest of my life with. I always knew that's what it would be about, it's just starting to come together that I am at where I am at.

My day to day is completely different, the people I interact with are all different, with the exception of Stephanie of course, but even that has changed from what I'm used to.

I'm not upset or mad that I've changed my entire life. Actually it's just the opposite, I think everyone needs to step out and do something like this once in there life, whether it be something this specific or something a little more broad.

Anyway, I think I'm going to try and go back to doing something productive.

Currently listening :
Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
By Neko Case
Release date: 07 March, 2006

No comments: