Monday, January 1, 2007

New Year & I'm Still Here

Current mood: contemplative
Category: Life

Wouldn't you expect a New Year's update on my blog? Of course, I would not be the only one diving into the pool of being typical. I guess I'm just going to review the last year, because it's been the most eventful in recent history. Let's see...last year I was still living at home (blah) and working for the man at HSBC, which was starting to get a little old. I was still traveling at least 750 miles a month to see my girlfriend in the freezing rain, snow, blistering heat, occasional thunderstorm. You get the idea, right? Basically I was a little unsure of what the next 52 weeks were going to hold for me.

So now that I sit in my fiance's desk chair in her bedroom on her computer typing this, I'm sure you've gathered that a lot of the questions of uncertainty have been answered. A lot of question marks have been turned into statements. I'm still working for the man, just a different one. I'm also doing something that I was doing at this time last year, and that's loading up a computer with my music to put on my iPod. We are going to keep her computer and donate mine to charity when we merge in October, so I'll be spending probably the next month transfering my 4,000 some odd songs onto her computer so I can replenish my soon to be empty iPod. Sounds like fun huh?

***********************************************************

My New Year's Eve and Day were went well. Yesterday Stephanie and I took in a Chiefs game (pictures to be posted later) in the cold and rain/sleet/snow. It was a fun time and a great game. We had the best seats of our lives and were only 6 rows off the field. For those that pay attention to football, the Chiefs needed a small miracle to get into the playoffs and low and behold, they got it. My team, the San Fransisco 49ers, played the role of spoiler and beat the Denver Donkeys in Denver. Also, the Titans and Bengals lost to allow my 2nd favorite team to back into the playoffs. Pretty neat huh? We then went to her friend's house in Kansas (but still in KC) and had drinks, fondud (sp?), chicken and Texas potatoes. Followed up by some brownies with peanut butter chips in them. After our big blowout for last year, we decided to take it easy this time around.

You are also reading the writings of a man who now holds the world record for the fastest round of Trivial Pursuit, Pop Culture Edition clocking in at 19'52" of course there is no way to judge this, but I've never known anyone to do this faster, so until someone proves me wrong I am herby declaring myself the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.

Speaking of heavyweight champions of the world, Rocky Balboa is a good movie.

So Happy New Year to all, and to all a Happy New Year!

Currently listening :
The Greatest
By Cat Power
Release date: By 24 January, 2006

8:28 PM - 1 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Derek

ya, my bengals really chocked in the end the last few games, but maybe next season =)

Posted by Derek on Monday, January 01, 2007 at 9:07 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: