Saturday, August 25, 2007

Need To Sleep/Can't Sleep

Current mood: crazy
Category: Music

All I want to do is sit up and listen to all my Animal Collective albums. There is something within those songs that strokes my inner crazy man. It makes me wish I had a Tarzan-like rope to swing across my A-frame like apartment with. Sort of like the way David Lee Roth swung across the stage so long ago. I have to work at 8am, so being up this late is generally not a good thing for me since I love my sleep. Tomorrow night is a concert that I am basically going to see because my fiance wants to see it. Sorry, it's just the truth. That's what people who love each other will do, go see concerts and movies they wouldn't normally see. I'll love every second of it and that is the honest truth because making her happy makes me happy. It's a very strange thing for me and completely new. In the past if I wasn't happy then nobody was happy. For example, I went and saw "The Break Up" last summer and didn't mind it because I knew Stephanie really liked it. I'm still recovering in a way though.

I watched "Bill Maher: The Decider" tonight on HBO. He's a better social commontator than a stand up comedian. I've been listening to rerun podcats from last season's "Real Time with Bill Maher" to prepare myself for the new season which starts in about 21 hours.

God seems to be on the mind of many people today. At least the people on MySpace that I'm associated with. My friend Jody posted a bulletin about listening to people in a Christian cafe (only in the south) claim that God will be replaced by Steve Jobs and his army of iPhones or something of the sort. I posted a blog about crazy Christian crusaders from the south and my friend Brienne enlighted me to this. Which is funny, because God should always be capitalized, right? I love how the 't' in Godtube is fashioned to resemble a cross. Those crazy fundamentalists, what will they think of next?

My friend John is getting married this weekend. He loves it when I name drop him in my blogs, he's sort of an attention whore like that. Who am I kidding, he is a crazed, money hungry attention whore who thinks of nothing but world domination while eating breakfast and is hellbent on making a likeness of himself on Mt. Rushmore. He is Kansas City's answer to Dr. No. This weekend, the New World Order of JFW must be placed on a brief hold, as he is getting married on top of a building, which I think is awesome. Just another way for him to look down on everyone. The building itself is sort of a "historic" (I put historic in quotes because it's relative to the length of time Kansas City has existed) because of the sign on top of the building. It looks something like this. It actually looks exactly like that, because that's where it is and what is really on top of it...or something.

Also of note, my fantasy football draft is this Sunday. What better way to spend a Sunday afternoon than in a Buffalo Wild Wings and drafting players onto imaginary teams to make real money? I can't think of anything. It's something I've been doing for quite some time and I'm almost scared to watch football without wondering if Clinton Portis scored two or three touchdowns and rushed for 137 yards.

That's pretty much it, I really really should go to bed, however it's hard when "The Purple Bottle" is playing in my head. I just want to get out pots and pans and play drums like I'm a 5 year old on my kitchen floor.

Currently listening :
Feels
By Animal Collective
Release date: By 18 October, 2005

4:14 AM - 8 Comments - 6 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Stephanie

I'm not going to ask what time it was when you wrote this. You are a big boy and can take care of yourself. I won't 'nag'.

Whatever, you like The Wreckers. Admit it. You introduced me to them for cryin' out loud!

Why didn't we think of having our wedding on top of a building? Dang it!

Posted by Stephanie on Friday, August 24, 2007 at 8:56 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Zach

I traveled into the future, wrote it on my 30th birthday, then came back to the present. Did I leave out the time machine thing? Shucks...

Posted by Zach on Friday, August 24, 2007 at 9:15 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Big JC

I to am having my fantasy draft this weekend...not a sports bar though, in the cozy confines of the "rich dude's house"

I pick 5, who do you like better, Addai or Alexander?

Posted by Big JC on Friday, August 24, 2007 at 9:15 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Zach

Haha, nice...

I would almost like to go with Addai. I mean, I really really would like to. Alexander is slowing down and is getting injured a little too much. The offense he plays in isn't as prolific, so everyone knows he's the star and defenses will adjust accordingly. Addai on the other hand is playing on an offense with a lot of weapons which opens up the running game quite a bit, but he is unproven as an every down back. If you combine his stats with what Rhodes did last year, he should be great on paper. It's hard to bet against Alexander though, he did score 28 touchdowns (I think, without looking it up) only like two seasons ago.

I pick 7th, but I'd almost rather have that than 5, depending if your draft inverts their pick scheme every other round like mine does. Then again, either way it doesn't make a difference if you are in a ten person league. I'm looking at Addai personally just because I'm guessing who people will go after. $10 says someone picks Manning in the first or second round...easy money!!!

I could blather on and on and on and on about this, it's sick.

Posted by Zach on Friday, August 24, 2007 at 9:21 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Big JC

We were at 13...then 12, now 11, maybe even ten or back to 12 on Sunday, shitty position to be in as the commish.

I have a slight lean toward Alexander because of goalline carries...Addai won't touch the rock that much inside the 20. I think the yardage from the two will be nearly the same.

7th pick, you are in that Rudi Johnson/Willie Parker mix also...if Addai slides to you there you gotta be thrilled.

I am pretty sure Manning will go early, we have a Colts fan in our league.

Posted by Big JC on Friday, August 24, 2007 at 11:23 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Zach

I love smoking dudes who will act like fanboys when it comes to Fantasy Football. I'd love to pick up Parker, but I'm from the school that when I pick my 1 I also like to take his backup in a later round just for the injury issue. The Steelers don't have a real solid back up. It's my first year in the league I'm in. I might be crazy but the combo of Jones-Drew/Taylor is decent. But I'd take Parker or Johnson in heartbeat... I'm a nut, hopefully I have this nailed down by Sunday.

Posted by Zach on Friday, August 24, 2007 at 11:29 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


J.F. Whitaker

It's not so cool when a moron drops my name, but I guess that's all I've got nowadays. In regards to the wedding...umm...call me and I'll give you the details. Are you still Cumming, GA? I'm dumb.

Posted by J.F. Whitaker on Friday, August 24, 2007 at 11:09 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Brienne

Order yours today:

http://miraclesoap.com/

And for Chrissakes, Wait 4 Your Mate:

http://myspace.com/wait4yourmate/

Heart,
B.

Posted by Brienne on Friday, August 24, 2007 at 11:29 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: