Wednesday, August 17, 2005

8 1/2

Don't mind me and my title, just sort of counting...

So it's a dreary day in SF, however I have kickball tonight and that's always reason to celebrate. This week will be smoother than the last, or at least I sure hope so. This weekend is going to be fairly non-eventful by choice, the only thing I have to do is go to a wedding, and I'm fairly confident that I'm going to keep it that way. I have an incredible habbit of making no plans for myself that turn into massive amounts of plans. Not that I'm an important guy, I guess I just have a nose for things to do and people to see.

One of my favorite bands (311) released a CD this week, and I've been spending the last 24 hours trying it on. They don't venture too far away from their tried and true formula, however they always seem to add a new wrinkle every couple years to keep things interesting. I think it's funny in a way that I still listen to them, they are more of an adolescent/pot smokers band. I think the quality that endears me to them still is the amount of positive energy that they put into their music. I respect the fact that they are a mainstay to their style and what they believe, despite musical climate changes that happen as often as here in sunny/cloudy/rainy/snowy South Dakota. So I'm a huge fan, sue me. I also saw them live down in Kansas City last friday, which transitions beautifully into my next paragraph...

No, the reason to go to KC was not 311, however it was a nice bonus to a certain extent. For starters, Steph and I spent a lot of time in the rain, she spent a lot of time dodging people shoes and drugs. Not exactly the type of environment I imagined our first show to be in, however I should have expected that knowing how the usual suspects act in that setting. All in all, it was a fun time despite some of the drawbacks, it showed that she'd put up with a lot to make me happy, which a guy can really appreciate. I'm not really going to recap everything we did (but if you really want to know, I'm sure you can figure out how to get there), all I can say is that every minute was phenomenal and that I wanted to stretch each one to the fullest. It ended sooner than I would have liked, but the next visit is just around the bend. I couldn't be happier (well, I could but you know)...

So yeah, the weekend was great, the week at work is going well, and I'm signing off for now...

No comments: