Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Good Evening

Well tonight was kickball and man was it eventful. Never a dull moment with people that are still have a fleeting notion that they are A) In Shape B) In shape enough to still be competitive (in a rec league no less!!) or C) All the above. I tell you what, if I get one my accounant that is 47 and has never watched a baseball game in his life explain to me a sport I've followed since I was knee high to a bat boy, I'm going to go Lou Pinella on their arse. So now that I'm at home finishing my Gatorade and listening to angry devil music to simmer down before my nightly phone call, I'd have to say that the recreation league of Sioux Falls kickball is anything but.

These people must sit in their offices every week planning and stratagizing on batting lineups, outfield positioning, when to bunt, when to pop up, when to run, when to tag up, when to yell at me. You name it, these people eat, drink, and whine kickball. This is going to be the last year I ever do this. I bet the actual competition league is way less stressful because everyone knows what's going on!!

Tonight (not that anyone may care) I had to take over as coach and play at the same time. I guess it shouldn't be that big of a deal, but a guy can only be pushed so far on hump day, you know?

I did this because I was convinced it would be fun. I didn't sign up to argue with every farmer tanned, visor wearing, breathing down the neck of applying for AARP, middle-age kickball know it all this side of the Mississippi. (Sorry for my Yosemite Sam Rant, sure love the Looney Tunes).

So anyway, now that I'm feeling a bit better, I'm puting down the bad music and I'm going to go and make a sandwich.

Blah!!

No comments: