Thursday, April 30, 2009

I can post here too, I guess!

I was told to post a complaint or something that has been bothering me lately...so here it goes!

Christians bother me when they talk about faith. There. I'm putting it out there. I don't spend enough time around members of other religious orientations, so I won't generalize out at this point.

When I think on this, a picture of a girl from one of my classes comes to mind. I took a class in college called "Is Globalization Sustainable?" It was the most depressing fucking class I have ever taken. Whenever there was a discussion about religion in any sort of historical sense she would put on her headphones. The professor asked her why she did this one day and she said,

"These evil words won't plague my pure faith."

I know right?

I then proceeded to make her cry.

I have lots of stories like this, and they have shaped my opinion, as well as the entire history of Christianity. You know, wars, corruption, etc. I'm waiting to be corrected. I hope someday I will.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know...I freakin can't stand people like that...their faith is sooo weak that they can't even have an open discussion about it.

Scowl Face said...

Thank you!