Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Today

Current mood: bitchy
Category: Jobs, Work, Careers

I'm stressed out today. I'm not sure what it is from and I can't put my finger on it. Currently, I'm sitting at my desk listening to reruns of Real Time with Bill Maher at my desk on my iPod. I put the throw away "iPod" comment to sound pretentious. I just finished listening to hours of The Replacements so you could say that I'm feeling a little bitter. My mouth is all cottony from eating sunflower seeds all day yesterday, so that's a little irritating.

People at work bother me, a lot. I know that it's a fishbowl in the middle of an ocean of annoying people and that most individuals irritate everyone, unless you're a hippy and listen to a lot of Jack Johnson. All joking aside, I wish that it wasn't like this. I hope someday that I'll get to work with people that don't suck. Alas, I know in my heart of hearts that will never happen because there is always someone that will drive you nothing short of insane. On the other hand, why do they have to outnumber the decent people here (where I work) in such massive numbers?

I'm not trying to make myself out as some sort of genius, but I just want more people to challenge me mentally, not just be mentally challenged. I want to get back in to school and obtain a new major in journalism so I can do what I love, not just what I though would make me money back in the day. I decided not to become a journalism major in my younger years because I didn't think it would make me enough money. Stupid. Now I'm 27 and applying to college and doing it all over again. Granted it won't take me that long to finish, I just never pictured myself doing this when I was optimistic and wide eyed and fresh out of high school. Then again, a lot of things changed that last year of school when I was in Sioux Falls so I should be used to it. Now I just want to get out of the financial world. Look at what I'm doing now, I'm blogging instead of working.

This weekend Stephanie and I are going to be on holiday to Sarasota, Florida. Should be a jolly good vacation, even though I hear we'll be spending time with lots of people that perpetrate the act of snobbery. I always like to meet new people. I also hate to fly. Something about being 35,000 feet in the air is troubling to me. Some people tell me it comes down to control, and be being a controlling person when I'm not in it I get nervous. Sure I'm out of my comfort zone and I don't have an issue admitting it, however unreasonable my fear of flying is.

Look, a short entry!!

Currently listening :
Tim
By The Replacements
Release date: By 25 October, 1990

2:07 PM - 1 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Stephanie

and I read it all!

looking forward to getting the hell out of this gloomy place for a while. I'm not even excited to go get a pedicure in this craptatic weather. But it's a must. Oh and evil walmart. Be thankful you aren't with me...who knows how long it will take. hehe.

whatcha doin tonight?

Posted by Stephanie on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 at 4:07 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: