Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Just A Few Random Thoughts

Current mood: tired
Category: Movies, TV, Celebrities

-Do any of you watch Comedy Central with any regularity? I do, and I'm seeing something that is truly disturbing me. It's a new cartoon entitled "Lil' Bush" and am I the only one when I say this seems like a dumb idea? How shocking, a parody of our President. It looks like it has all the originality as a "Knock, Knock" joke. I like to make fun of the President's mastery of the English language as much as the next person, but is this really what we want as television viewers? Is this what the ratings from "The Daily Show" and "The Colbert Report" is reaping? I hope it's cancelled after it's first run of episodes.

-Do you ever stand back at watch all your friends find something funny and you don't share in the same humor? I know this is a little vague, but blindly following something because it's on a channel that has produced some funny shows doesn't automatically make every show thereafter a guaranteed hit.

-I've read "The Divine Comedy" by Dante Alighieri in it's entirety before, however for some reason I always get drawn back into reading it or stumble across the occasional random website that some graduate student made a virtual tour of. I think I'm attracted to the dark artwork of Gustave Dore that follows the book in most prints, more than the actual poem itself. Sometimes I wonder if I listened to too many Black Sabbath records in middle school and smoked too much pot.

-Does going to see John Mayer diminish in any way my ability to love good music? Stephanie would really like to see him live (again), so I justify it that way. I like that he's trying to erase the sins of past albums by getting a little more "blusey." That's fine, if you like Johnny Lang-esque blues. Anyway, I'm in it more for Ben Folds, whom I still very much like and is opening for Mr. Mayer.

Anyway, that's pretty much it. Goodnight.

Currently playing :
Mario Party 8
Release date: 29 May, 2007

No comments: