Monday, June 25, 2007

Monday

Current mood: cheerful
Category: Life

I've been listening to the "This American Life" podcasts for the past year or so. WBEZ and NPR publish this broadcast and is hosted by Ira Glass. I love listening to these broadcasts each week. The stories are fascinating and a good break from my normal video game and sports podcasts.

I've been enjoying The National's new album "Boxer." If you liked "Alligator" you will like this album as well. Even if you've never listened to The National before, I suggest you check it out.

I enjoy meeting new people, however people in my workplace that I can talk to are in short supply. I can count on about one hand those that I could see myself sitting down and actually having a good conversation with. I have realized that living in Sioux Falls surrounded by friends I had amassed over the years was a luxury.

I made two brand new playlists for gym over the weekend. On for running, one for lifting. I generally listen to podcasts while working out, however listing to people talk does not bode well for keeping your motivation going.

My month at work is coming to an end, which basically translates into this week being a little on the boring side. Next week I'm taking a long weekend to travel back to home to Sioux Falls. With all the overtime I've been putting in and time spent at the office, it will be a welcome break.

I know Missouri is not the south, but Missouri is further south than South Dakota. What does this equal? More humidity. I can tell the summer down here in Kansas City is going to be a little more brutal than in Sioux Falls. I don't enjoy being hot.

I've learned that I don't have nearly enough time to keep up with reading (either books or magazines), my shows I record on my DVR, baseball, work, and working out. Something probably needs to be cut, however I can't decide which to give the axe to. I may round down some choices and put it to a vote. Stay tuned for that, those that still read and comment.

Has anyone else noticed that all the new Volkswagen commericals have songs off the new Wilco album? I owned two Volkswagens, this type of advertising makes me wish I still had one.

Currently listening :
Boxer
By The National
Release date: By 22 May, 2007

4:22 PM - 1 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Stephanie

I read! I comment! I'll vote! I like voting!

I've heard of "This American Life" I think Jessica mentioned it or something... I did not know it had a podcast. Maybe I'll give it a listen...

The gym smelled like sewage today. Have fun!

Posted by Stephanie on Monday, June 25, 2007 at 6:57 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: