Sunday, June 24, 2007

Random Thoughtlessness

Current mood: nauseated

1. The older I get the more Madonna annoys the shit out of me.

2. I've always hated it when people say "it's the same difference." What the fuck does that mean anyway?

3. I realize that I'm dumb for ever watching the Real World. Even when I was in middle school.

4. How come people never believe me when I say that I never owned a New Kids On The Block, Vanilla Ice, or MC Hammer tape? I didn't even own Michael Jackson's "Bad" but I did own a Robert Palmer tape. That's how much cooler I am than you.

5. Why do so many people like "Family Guy?" I know, I get it, I've watched it a lot, but I'm just not into it like everyone else is. I'm my own self contained smart ass. Watch South Park episodes #142 & 143 "Cartoon Wars Pt 1 & 2." That's all the proof you'll ever need that "Family Guy" sucks. Seriously, go back and watch it after you've seen these episodes. You'll hate yourself for claiming you liked it in public. There is a reason "Family Guy" was cancelled.

6. I love Transformers. I love (and own) the animated movie from '85. I know Michael Bay is going to fuck everything up. I will still pay $8 to see it in 10 days.

7. You know what? I didn't watch the final two seasons of the Soprano's. You want to know why? Because it got really fucking boring. I have no loyalty to finish a series if it's going to suck. Sorry. I watched that show from the start, back when it was a borderline drama/comedy. Do you remember when it was angled as an irreverent show? Of course you don't because you started watching it when your one cool friend said it was good, and lots of other cool people you know liked it as well*. Although how they finished the series was fucking brilliant, seperating the people with a sizable ability to process a thought from those with their brain stems detatched from their body.

8. People that are musical snobs and promote it can lick my balls. I know I've written about how Fall Out Boy sucks, because they do, but I don't go around telling people this. I'll tell my friends because I know it irritates them, and I get a certain, twisted satisfaction from doing this. That's the difference. There are two types of people that like good music. Those that know and shut the fuck up, and those that feel like they have to tell, call on the phone to tell and explain in an email. Watching High Fidelity and identifying with the characters in that movie does not make you a musical genius. Knock it off. Damn it.

9. The college sports fans in this area are retarded. Why? Because they act like Kansas is the greatest basketball team ever. Really? Two national titles in the past 173 years? I don't care if you "invented" basketball, get over it. Edison didn't stop with electricity. Kansas State football? You've competed for a national title, let alone any conference titles, what? Maybe 4 or 5 times in your school's history? Blow me. Don't even get me started on how mediocre Missouri is.

10. If you like new country I.E. Toby Keith, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Shania Twain, Dierks Bently, Kenny Chesney, Rascal Flats just go on and shoot yourself. Please, you perpetuate everything that has gone wrong with country music since the late 70's/early 80's. Go buy a Hank, Hank Jr., Merle Haggard, Patsy Cline, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Marty Robbins, Statler Brothers, Loretta Lynn album and learn about what good country is. I swear to God, if I come within earshot of a person crowning Martina fucking McBride as the best female country vocalist ever, I'm going to pour hot coffee on them. I've met Ms. McBride before at my old record store I worked in, she's short.

I need a rant, a rant, a rant.

*not directed at the folks residing in 1317, you know who you are.

Currently listening :
Mule Variations
By Tom Waits
Release date: By 27 April, 1999

9:54 PM - 1 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Cory

1. The more I listen to Madonna, the more I realize that she's absolutely brilliant. (Or Stephen Bray and others that write her songs are, although she has written quite a few of her own, very personal- and she can really perform and sing also.) It's like sheer sex eminating out of my speakers.
2. It's a walking contridiction.
3. I think I saw it once. Yeah, it sucked.
4. Your Thriller album is still here, want me to send it to you? J/K!
5. Agreed in full.
6.NC
7.NC
8. Your music sucks, cause mine sucks more, which means it actually sucks more.
9. Go Huskers! We can back our pride up. Edison- electricity? Yeah, somewhat. But he did invent the most important device to date. One of them at least.
10. There is good new Rock music out there- it's called Country! Seriously though, the new stuff that is coming out right now is much better than it has been. I listen some days to ONLY new Country. It really does have a lot of soul and meaning to it, just has to grow on you, that's all. To each his own, but I gotta stick up for it because a lot of it IS really good. I didn't like Floyd the first time I heard them either. Oops, now I'm being a musical snob ;-)

Posted by Cory on Monday, June 25, 2007 at 8:26 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: