Friday, June 22, 2007

Miscellaneous Behaviour

Current mood: bouncy
Category: Life

I'm sitting at my desk looking at the clock and it's not moving at all. I think I caught it moving backwards actually. I'll have to keep an eye on it, some times it misbehaves. I think today is going to be a little boring at work, my friend and partner in crime whom I work with is out because he had to take his son to the doctor. Hopefully the whelp is ok, I don't want to make it seem like I'm upset he's not here exclusively to entertain me given the circumstances. That would put me in a selfish light I suppose.

I downloaded an eclectic mix of a few songs last night. While listening to my usual weekly (sometimes not) SModcast, a tune I had not heard in awhile was playing in the background. First, for those that do not know what SModcast is, even though I believe I've mentioned it before here, is a podcast with director/writer/actor Kevin Smith and his longtime producer, Scott Mosier. All they do is sit around and talk, but it's usually very funny and the highlight of my podcast diet. Back to the song in question, it is "No Myth" by Michael Penn. He's a great songwriter, and I've liked some of his past work but I've never really been into it. He's been pegged as a one hit wonder for this song, despite his subsequent albums receiving a lot of critical acclaim. I had this song on a CD and an old MP3 player, but was yet to put it on my iPod. Anyway, I really liked some of the songs he wrote for one of my favorite movies of all time, "Boogie Nights" as well. Even the song Mark Wahlberg and John C. Reily sang in the studio. No, not the one from the animated Transformers movie, the other one. Along with this song I downloaded "Blue Monday" and no, not the dumb Orgy version from a few years ago, the proper New Order version. Surprisingly, I don't have any New Order or Joy Division on my iPod. Then again, I've never really been a fan of post punk type music from the late seventies/early eighties. Also, Pixies "Where Is My Mind" (because I don't generally download greatest hits albums) "Jane Says" by Jane's Addiction, because I can't get my damn Jane's Addiction CD's to upload on to iTunes. And "Don't Dream It's Over" by Crowded House. Everyone has guilty pleasures when it comes to some pop songs and this is one of them for me. I think it's one of the best pop radio hits to come out of the 80's, as a matter of fact.

I'm at work until early afternoon, so that's not too bad considering the amount of time I've spent here on a daily basis the past month or so. Stephanie's friend from Colorado (originally from St. Joseph, Missouri) is flying in early this afternoon and we are going out to dinner with their friends this evening. Should be a good time, she is regarded as one of Stephanie's best friends and I don't even really know her at all. I haven't had a chance to see Kristin's new baby either.

Not much on tap for this weekend, for once. Stephanie may have something up her sleeve, but she's not telling me if she does. Saturday night I'm heading to Blue Springs to take in some Ultimate Fighting at a friend's house and Sunday will be the normal laundry/nap/watch sports type day. Have a weekend, kiddos!

Currently listening :
Substance
By New Order
Release date: 25 October, 1990

No comments: